"Who hears these words of mine & puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, & the winds blew & beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine & does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, & the winds blew & beat against that house, & it fell with a great crash."

Matthew 7:24-27

Saturday, July 25, 2009

4th of July

I know I am really behind with this blogging business, but I hope to catch up here over the next few days.  After I get caught up, you will see why it has taken me so long!  Over the 4th of July we went up to my parent's cabin in Northern Minnesota.  It was Kyler's first big road trip and he did pretty well.  It normally takes about 7 hours to get up to the cabin and that's with stopping one time, just Erik and I.  On the way up we made 3 stops, which wasn't too bad and it took us about 9 hours and that includes the stop-and-go traffic we hit north of the cities.  Kyler did well in the car thanks to Baby Einstein DVDs and our portable DVD player!  He only had a few crying spells and they were pretty much because he wanted out of his seat-which is to be expected!  We had a great time while we were up there.  We were able to get away for a week; my parents and brother were up there for the first two days and then it was just Erik, Kyler, and I for the last few days.  Kyler got to dip his toes in the lake for the first time ever.  He wasn't too sure about it at first, but after he got used to the temperature, he diddn't mind it.  He would sit on the edge of the lake in the sand and watch the water come in and out.  We know that next year he's going to want to be out there all day!  

We were also able to do some water skiing while we were up there, which is always a fun thing for us.  I have been able to water ski since I was little; however, Erik has been learning and working on it every summer since he first came up with my family when we were engaged.  Last summer he was able to get up for just a few seconds, but this summer he did it!!  I wasn't able to get a picture of him skiing, hopefully I will when we go up later this summer, but he made it half way across the lake, a big turn, and part way back across the lake, it was great!!

Below are some pictures from our trip, enjoy!

Family picture while down at the lake

One of the beautiful evening sunsets

Kyler relaxing in a blown up boat

Laying on the floor hanging out

Playing in the sand with dad

My dad, brother, and Erik cutting down a tree

Kyler's first time putting his toes in the lake

The Blanchard Family!

No comments: