"Who hears these words of mine & puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, & the winds blew & beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine & does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, & the winds blew & beat against that house, & it fell with a great crash."

Matthew 7:24-27

Monday, December 14, 2009

Getting Our Christmas Tree

I (Ashley) have always had a real Christmas tree growing up, so that is something I have wanted to continue with my family. For as long as I can remember, the weekend after Thanksgiving we have driven up to the Volga Valley Tree Farm east of Sumner and picked out a Christmas tree. Since Erik and I have gotten married and have our own house, we have continued this tradition and this year was no exception! The Sunday after Thanksgiving we headed up to the tree farm with my parents and brother to pick out our Christmas tree. They have hand-made wreaths and garland too that you can buy. Here are some pictures from this annual event and Kyler's first Christmas tree picking excursion!

All bundled up ready to go look!

My dad and Ben with their tree!

Us with our tree!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Kyler and Lauren do sound a lot alike!! I think that we should introduce them to one another. Kyle and I think that we should arrange a marriage because we know that Kyler will be a good wholesome boy!