"Who hears these words of mine & puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, & the winds blew & beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine & does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, & the winds blew & beat against that house, & it fell with a great crash."

Matthew 7:24-27

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We had a great 1st Thanksgiving with Kyler! It started on Wednesday night when we drove to Des Moines to pick up Ludivine. Ludivine is from France and I met her my junior year of high school when we did an exchange program through our schools. I spent two weeks at her house in France, and then she came to Iowa and spent two weeks living with me. We have kept in tough ever since and this semester, she is studying through her French university at Georgia Tech. She wanted to come and visit me and my family while she was here in the U.S., and it worked out that she could come for Thanksgiving! It was so great to see her again and have her spend the weekend with me and my family.

On Thursday we had lots of great food! We went over to my parent's house for lunch and celebrated with my mom's side of the family. There were 25 people there!! It was crazy, but great to have all of our family together. Then, for dinner we went to Erik's parent's house and celebrated with some of his dad's side of the family. By the end of the day, we were so full, but very thankful for so many things this past year!! Below are some photos from the day!

Kyler hanging out with my cousin, Angie, and my grandma.

Ludivine, Erik, and I eating dinner.

Kyler hanging out with Grandpa.

Ludivine, Erik, Kyler, and I before dinner.

No comments: