"Who hears these words of mine & puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, & the winds blew & beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine & does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, & the winds blew & beat against that house, & it fell with a great crash."

Matthew 7:24-27

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Christmas Eve 2013

Christmas Eve can be kind of crazy at our house with Erik working at the church and getting everything ready for Christmas Eve services.  This year there was another twist added in, Grace was going to be in two of the services! :)  Things actually ended up going really well though throughout the day, except of the fact that it was freezing cold!

We started the day pretty normal, Erik went to work and then came home around 11:00.  I finished up a few things while he watched the kids, then we ate lunch.  After lunch, I took a quick shower, and so did Erik.  I then put the kids down for a nap, and Erik left to head back to church.  I then got ready for the evening, and about 2:45 my dad came over to stay with Norah and Kyler while I took Grace to the 3:00 service.  I quick got Grace dressed and then headed out the door with her.  I took Grace to church and handed her off to Erik, and then headed back home.  My dad then left, and I got Kyler and Norah up, got them dressed, snapped a couple quick pictures, and then we headed out the door to go back to church for the 5:00 service.  We went to church, where we were joined by my parents and brother, and then after church I took all three kids to my parent's house for dinner.  Erik stayed at church for the 7:00 service and then would join us later.  We ate dinner at my parent's house, and then about 8:00 my aunt, uncle, and cousin and her family, joined us for pie.  Erik arrived about 8:30 to quickly eat his dinner, take some pictures and then we loaded everyone up to head home and get ready for bed!  Wow, sounds crazy but it worked and went pretty well!. :)  Erik then left around 10:15 to go back for the 11:00 service, and I got everyone in bed.  I think about 11:00 everyone was finally asleep, and ready for Santa to arrive. :)  I have to laugh because after Kyler had been in bed about 10 min (I was sitting in their room), he sits up in bed and says, "should we go down and check and see if Santa has come yet?!"  I laughed and said, "no, I don't think he's been here yet, you need to go to sleep first." :)  Here are some pictures from our Christmas Eve!

In the morning :)

Miss Grace

They look so big! :)

Grace wondering why she is wearing this outfit :)

Sisters

Lol, one attempt to get a photo with all three kids 

Best one :)

Photo with Uncle Ben

Attempt at a family photo, by this time Kyler was NOT interested in taking pictures ;)

Ashley's family

No comments: